Plan your visit with school classes
Underground lines: U2, U3 (Volkstheater)
Trams: 1, 2, 46, 49, 71, D (Ring, Volkstheater)
Thursday-Monday: 9 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
last entrance half an hour before closing time
Children and youth under 19* have free entrace.
2 accompanying adults free for every 17 pupils.
No registration required
If you do not want to make use of our educational activities, no registration is required for a visit to the museum. Please note that we are closed on Tuesdays.
Food and drink
Snacks brought with you may be enjoyed in the ground-floor lobby, as well as in the access areas to the showrooms on the mezzanine floor and on the first floor (seating is also available here).
Food and drink are not permitted in the showrooms.
The restaurant on the first floor serves drinks, snacks, lunch menus and à la carte dishes.
There are lockers for groups on the mezzanine floor, 2 euro coins are needed as deposits.
Registration to the educational programs
0043/1/52177-335 (Monday 14.00-17.00 o´clock, Wednesday to Friday 9.00-12.00 o´clock)
Informtion and plan overall plan
- Only use the lift when necessary, otherwise use the stairs.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the showrooms.
- Show consideration for other visitors (moderate volume, step back to allow other people to enjoy objects and stations if necessary)
- Freestanding objects may be touched carefully if there is no sign saying otherwise. Do not touch cordoned-off objects.
- Photography is allowed (no tripods).
- The display cases have historic glass panels, not safety glass. Running or bumping into and placing weight on display cases is dangerous.
Educational activities school groups can enjoy without prior booking
- Tour with interactive stations
- Shark alarm: virtual tour at the large display case in the shark hall (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri: 13:30, 15:00, 16:30)
- Digital Planetarium: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, 14.00 to 17.00 on the hour, Sat and Sun 11.00, 13.00-14.00 on the hour
Reservations can be made at http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/planetarium
- audioguides: available at the info desk (€ 4,- per audioguides)