- Curation of the rock collection
- Petrographic and petrologic research (e.g., shock metamorphic effects in minerals, tectonic deformation, microstructures)
- Public outreach
Phone: +43 1 52177-270
- "Shock metamorphism in plagioclase" (FWF V505-N29), PI, Departement of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, 09/2016-08/2019
- "Belgian Antarctic Meteorites: curation and research (BELAM), funded by BELSPO, at the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Université Libre de Bruxelles, and Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium, 04/2013-05/2016
- "Studies of the El’gygytgyn Impact Crater" (FWFP 21821), Departement of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, 03/2010-02/2013
- "Rivelare i segreti di un terremoto: vincoli fisico – chimici da uno studio multidisciplinare della riesumazione delle faglie", funded by CaRiPaRo, Dipartimento di Geoscienze, University of Padova, Padua, Italien, 01/2009-02/2010
Born on 8th April 1980 in Padua (Italy)
- 2018 Italian Academic Habilitation (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale) for Petrography and Petrology, Ministry for University and Research (MIUR), Italy.
- 2005-2009 Dottorato di Ricerca (PhD) in Earth Science, University of Padua, Padua, Italy. Thesis: Study of exhumed paleo-seismic faults as a gauge to estimate earthquake source parameters. Supervisors: Prof. G. Pennacchioni and Prof. G. Di Toro.
- 2007 Diploma (MMus) in Organ und organ composition, Conservatorium A. Steffani, Castelfranco Veneto, Italy.
- 1999-2004 Laurea in Geological Science (MSc), Specialization in Mineralogy, Petrography, and Geochemistry, 110/110 with honors, University of Padua, Padua, Italy. Thesis: Microstructural study of Arolla mylonites, Aosta Valley (Italy). Supervisor: Prof. G. Pennacchioni.
Since 09/2019 Scientist and curator in the Department of Mineralogy and Petrography of the Natural History Museum Vienna, Austria.
2016-2019 Research Associate, FWF Elise Richter grant, at the Department of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, Austria.
2013-2016 Postdoc and curator, Analytical, Environmental, and Geo-Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Brussel, Belgium.
2010-2013 Postdoc, Department of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, Austria.
2009-2010 Research Assistant, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy.
2020 Lectures at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Pavia, Italy
SS2020 450007 VU "Meteorites and impacts under the magnifier" Dept. of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, Austria
2019 Lectures at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Pavia, Italy
SS2018 450007 VU "Petrography of meteorites and shock metamorphism" Dept. of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, Austria
2018 Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility, Lecture series "Meteorites: curation, classification, and origin" and "Impact cratering, a planetary process" School of Science and Technology, University of Camerino, Italy
WS2017 The use of the U-stage in microstrucural analysis, within the course 280089 VU Microstructures in Gematerials, Dept. of Geodynamics and Sedimentology, University of Vienna, Austria
- WS 2017 Meteorite classification and impact cratering, Seminars in the LV: Properties of small bodies in the Solar System, led by Dr. Mattia Galiazzo, Institute of Astrophisics, University of Vienna, Austra
SS2017 450005 SE "Petrography of meteorites and shock metamorphism" Dept. of Lithospheric Research, University of Vienna, Austria
05.2016 assistant during a field trip to the Ries crater, Germany
03.2016 "Shock metamorphism in rock forming minerals" UGent, Belgium
05.2014 "Impact cratering and shock metamorphism" UGent, Belgium
2007-2010 Sol-Fa, Music theory, and basic piano at CLAMAT, Abano T., Italy
- Aeolina Islands + Etna 2017 with Prof. Th. Ntaflos and Prof. R. Abart
- Barringer (Meteor) Crater + Grand Canyon 2017 with Dr. D. Kring
- Ries Krater 2010 with Prof. C. Köberl und 2016 with Prof. Ph. Claeys
- Chemnitzer Hütte 2006, South Tyrol, about "Structural analysis of the Lago di Neves area" with Prof. G. Pennacchioni and Prof. N. Mancktelow
- Ivrea Zone 2005 with Prof. G. Pennacchioni and Prof. G. Di Toro
- 2018 Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility
- 2016–2019 Elise Richter Programm, FWF Project V505-N29 (€246 991,50)
- 2014 FWO (Flanders Science Fund) Travel Grant for attending a course at the GFZ Potsdam, Germany
- 2013-2016 BELSPO Research grant, Belgium
- 2011 ICDP Grant for attending a training course on scientific drilling, Windischeschenbach, Germany
- 2010-2013 FWF Research grant, Austria
- 2009 CaRiPaRo Research grant, Italy
- 2008 Geological Society of London Travel Grant for attending a conference, UK
- 2005–2008 PhD Grant of the University of Padova, Italy
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta
- GSA Bulletin
- Journal of the Geological Society
- Journal of Structural Geology
- Meteoritics & Planetary Science
- Nature Communication
Languages:Italian (mother tongue), German (good), English (professional proficiency), French (basic knowledge), Dutch (basic knowledge).
Others:Since 2000- Organist in several churches in Italy, Belgium, and Vienna (Austria)
2000-2003 Volunteer service for the Civil Guard in Montegrotto Terme, Italy.